As blogs go, I’m pretty new to the game. According to WordPress this is post number 98. When it began part (and by part, I mean all) of me thought I would blog for a week and then throw in the towel. Once I realized that people were actually reading the blog, the pressure was on to continue, so here I am.
In addition to entertaining friends and family I have found a community of bloggers and blog readers who I have enjoyed getting to know. Two of them are Grace at Musings of Mama Grace and Metrocakegirl at The Domestic Epicurean. In the last 24 hours they have each given me a bloggy award. Grace passed on the One Lovely Blog Award and Metrocakegirl passed on The Versatile Blogger Award.
The rules for accepting the awards are simple. I have to tell all of you 7 things about me and pass the award on to a few others. It’s like a blog chain letter. Fun Times. Here goes nothing…
7 Stupendous Things You Might Not Know About Me
1. I have the worst middle name ever. (No offense mom) I am not going to tell you what it is, but I’ll give you a hint: It rhymes with a female body part!
2. In high school I totally hearted the New Kids On The Block. I saw them in concert twice with my friends Beth and Nette (and once allegedly with Robyn). Then, in 2009 Beth and I hooked up to see them ONE MORE TIME. It was one of the most fabulous nights of my life. FYI, the New Kids are much better in concert now that I am old enough to drink.
3. Dallas and I met while we were in grad school at Purdue. We both have MA’s in Theatre. Big leap to the Army, I know! We have a romantic story. We met the first day of orientation for graduate teaching assistants. Our group was small that year, with just 6 new students. The chair of the department wanted us all to go to the Purdue-wide orientation, but we whined about it. He said, “you should go, you never know you might meet your future spouse there.” We went and the rest, as they say, is history. BOILER UP!!
4. I was a single mom for the twins’ first five years. We had a lot of challenges, but I was lucky to have a supportive family and group of friends. In the end we found Dallas and now, he’s Dad and his family is their family, no questions asked. We also added the twinkies to the mix. How lucky can one girl get?
5. I have the best friends ever. I know you all probably think you have the best friends, but you’re wrong, I have them. They are groups of smart, kind, and incredibly funny woman (and a few men) from every part of my life that I love and respect and seriously don’t know how I got so lucky to call friends. Real friends, like real-for-real friends. They are a diverse group, from all different walks of life. I can imagine some of them would not like each other, but I love them all. Don’t think I’m not talking about you. I totally am, yes YOU!
6. I’ve moved a lot. I graduated from high school in Florida in 1993 (ouch, I’m old, old, old). Since then I have lived in North Dakota, Ohio, Florida (again), Indiana, Texas, Georgia, and now Alaska. I can’t wait to see where we will go next.
7. I’m a cat person. I hate to admit that because it makes me sound weird, especially to people who hate cats. I don’t have cats anymore because Dallas is allergic. I harbor lots of resentment toward him for that allergy. He claims that it is beyond his control, but I don’t believe him.
Now, for the good part. Here are some of the up and coming blogs that I think you will enjoy. Take a few minutes and stop by and say hello to them too!
Have fun & again thanks for all the love Grace and Metrocakegirl!